Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day Cards


I dropped the ball a lttle bit on Father's day this year. We got back from Florida the day before and everything was so crazy that I didn't have time to do much. Rick and I have a tradition of making handmade cards for eachother. We feel like most cards that you can buy are a little impersonal, and you can use inside jokes to create your own punchlines. So Finn and I made a superhero card out of construction paper. I am definitely not a great artist, but I think Rick appreciated the effort.

For my Dad's card, I used scrapblog.com to create a really cute card. Scrapblog is a website that lets you create scrapbook pages digitally. You your own cards for free as well. All you have to do is pick a free template (some cost money), upload your photos, and play around with buttons and stickers that they provide you. The only trouble that I had was modifying the text. You save the card as a jpeg on your computer and then you can upload it to snapfish or Walgreens and have it printed for next to nothing. So easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment