Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Taming of the Shrew

Ok, so I'm not really a Home Ec Dropout. I took Home Economics in 7th grade and passed but I definitely was not a star student. I remember sewing a teddy bear (who I had to pretend was my child), and his stuffing fell out. I am a little domestically challenged. I'm a pretty decent cook and love to bake but being crafty does not come naturally to me. I cannot sew and I can barely make a bow. I used to think- why bother but then I started thinking that if blind people can climb Mount Everest surely I must be able to do something as simple as creating a hair ribbon for my daughter. I am making an effort to become more crafty this summer while I have the time away from teaching. I hope to share good recipes, lessons and crafts that I do with Finn, good deals, craft projects, and design inspirations. I'm sure I will have of projects that won't turn out the way I intend to, but it's worth the good college try. My first purchase to start this adventure- a glue gun. I forsee many burned fingers in my future. I have a ton of projects planned for our new house. I hope to have Finn and Sloane's rooms completed by the end of this summer.


My camera is definitely not ideal for taking photos of all of my endeavours, but I hope to have a new one for Christmas. That is the last time that I pick a camera just because it comes in purple. So here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment